This page describes the assessment system from the perspective of a participant, i.e., test taker. You can contact us about the Financial Accounting Tutor and the associated tests. Please contact your employer/instructor for all other training and employment-related questions.
System requirements for the assessment system
Our assessment system has the following minimal system requirements:
- No software installation is required. The only software needed is the current version of any popular web browser. We have tested our system with recent versions of all browsers.
- The system requires only session cookies, not permanent cookies. The cookies are not used to collect any personal, surfing, or system information.
- The system uses standard technology and does not require any plug-ins or client-side scripts. Therefore, we do not foresee any conflicts with corporate network security requirements.
- The system works in any recent browser on Windows, Macs, and UNIX.
Enter the following information in the registration box at the bottom of the registration page:
- Enter you email, LAST name, first name, and group name, which was given to you by your employer/instructor. Note that the LAST name is listed before the first name.
- After you click Register, you will be asked to confirm your details, and then shown the password. The password will also be emailed to you. Please make sure that our email to you is not mistakenly deleted by your system as junk mail.
Enter your email and password, which was emailed to you after you registered, in the log in box on the login page. If you forget your password, enter your email address in the box and click login. The password will be emailed to you immediately.
Viewing and taking tests
After you log in, you will see the tests that have been assigned to your group. For each test, you will see the submission deadline, the minimum passing score, and the number of times you can take the test.
For tests that you have already submitted, you can see your answers and a copy of the feedback displayed to you. For the tests that you have saved partially, you can see your saved answers.
Taking a test
Read the instructions at the beginning of each test. You need not take the tests in one sitting. You can answer a few questions, save your answers, and then come back at a later time and answer more questions.
The key thing to remember is to click the "Save All" button periodically. Note that if you do not interact with the system for more than 2 hours, you will be logged out for security reasons.
After you submit a test
Once you click Final Submit, your test will be graded instantly. The system response depends on whether you passed the test.
- If your score equals or exceeds the minimum score for the test, you will immediately see a display of your mistakes and their correct answers.
- If your score is less than the minimum score, you will get your score but you will not see a list of your mistakes and their correct answers. Instead, you will be told to retake the test if permitted by your employer/instructor. You will have to retake the test before the deadline.